SmartSeat™ will make sitting with legs UN-crosssed feel good. Plus, with the addition of its specially designed WEDGE, the sitter will be able to antevert (tilt forward) the pelvis which takes the act of sitting from a negative to neutral by enabling the body to better distribute the weight of the upper and lower parts which gives one a feeling of lightness – sitting in a posterior tilt is a feeling of heaviness and compression. In the correct seated posture you will feel lighter and more flexible which means more energy!
WHY SMARTSEAT™ WORKS
Sitting with legs crossed feels comfortable because the body is smart and adapts to this posture. SmartSeat™ provides a way to erase this muscle memory and substitute a better, bio-mechanically correct seated posture so you avoid this damage:
- Abdominals inhibited—especially internal oblique muscles.
- Pelvis in a posterior tilt so there is compression on the femoral nerve, artery and veins bilaterally which restricts circulation to the lower extremities.
- Blood pressure increases due to compression.
- Foot pain and numbness due to adverse neural tension which causes pressure on the peroneal nerve which may lead to long-term nerve damage.
- Lumbar spine (low back) & nerves compressed in tilted posture.
- Sciatic nerve and piraformis muscle stressed.
- Femur (thighbone) abducted (rotated inward) which leads to lumpy looking thighs and spider veins.