SmartSeat™ will make sitting with legs UN-crosssed feel good. The special slope of the base means that the sitter can comfortably sit for long periods in pelvic neutral, or even antevert (tilt forward) or rock the pelvis for more flexibility. This takes the act of sitting from a negative to neutral by enabling the body to better distribute the weight of the upper and lower part, giving a feeling of lightness. Sitting in a posterior tilt is a feeling of heaviness and compression. In the correct seated posture you will feel lighter and more flexible which means more energy!
WHY SMARTSEAT™ WORKS
Sitting with legs crossed feels comfortable because the body is smart and adapts to this posture. SmartSeat™ provides a way to erase this muscle memory and substitute a better, bio-mechanically correct seated posture so you avoid this damage:
- Abdominals inhibited—especially internal oblique muscles.
- Pelvis in a posterior tilt so there is compression on the femoral nerve, artery and veins bilaterally which restricts circulation to the lower extremities.
- Blood pressure increases due to compression.
- Foot pain and numbness due to adverse neural tension which causes pressure on the peroneal nerve which may lead to long-term nerve damage.
- Lumbar spine (low back) & nerves compressed in tilted posture.
- Sciatic nerve and piraformis muscle stressed.
- Femur (thighbone) abducted (rotated inward) which leads to lumpy looking thighs and spider veins.
Inspired by Clinical Advisor Marika Molnar PT, the first to recognize the issues of sitting with crossed legs.